Monday 26 September 2011

Some Stormy Night

Trees dance gracefully to the symphony of the wind.
They sway gently while lightening highlights the sky.
The air is warm and humidity high
And thunder rolls in background tempo.
The song of the crickets unify the sweet melody;
They unify and tie the piece together.
This beautiful song brings such a calm deep within
Yet it makes me tremble as joy sweeps over me.
I sit in my chair watching, listening, alone.
The music brings images of my life story to mind.
As I become hypnotised to the rhythm and flow
It is all so sobering and beautiful.
The images become more vivid.  The music more angry.
The music within me, that I am, accompanies the orchestration.
I think about the many places I've been to.
I see the empty eyes of strangers as life marches by.
The music crests, emotion peaks, images nearly real.
Inside is a tossed salad of different feelings.
Good, sad, excited, angry, mellow, and alone.
Sometimes I feel as though I'm almost at lifes end.
Then I see the light in me growing, with it hope.
Hope that tomorrow will bring change, guidance
The gift of knowledge, an understanding of who,
What I am. An acceptance, an embrace,
I allow the light to wash over me, and from me.
Change is coming, positive change.
Tomorrow is ours.





a

3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Absolutely beautiful. Every word contains a world.

joy pachowicz (DoraJacina) said...

Jan this is so so beautiful . i can actually see what you are seeing ..feel it . hear it. .thanks for writing so beautifully and sharing.

Joy

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I love the tree it takes on its on shape :) packleader66

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...